The MBCAC is looking for a sculpture to be placed in front of Gallery 62 November 1, 2021, exact date to be determined.
• Artists must be members of the MBCAC. Join here.
• Artists who have participated in the past are not eligible to apply.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT:
• Up to five images of the proposed sculpture(s).
• Description of the work including materials, dimensions and method for installation.
• Include complete contact information ie: address, phone number, and email address.
• All sculptures must fit on the existing concrete pad that is 45″ wide x 48″ long and 6″ high
• Sculptures should be no taller than 9’ in height
• Sculptures must be constructed of durable materials that are able to withstand harsh conditions including high winds, extreme temperatures and any external force caused by humans.
• Sculptures must comply with all appropriate engineering requirements for safety and artists are responsible for securely anchoring the sculpture on the concrete pad
• We recommend that the artist procure some form of liability insurance in the event of damage, theft or injury to a third party.
SALE OF ARTWORK:
• Artwork can be sold, but not removed until the one year contract is complete.
• The MBCAC will withhold a commission of 15 percent if the sculpture is sold during the exhibit.
Please email requested information and questions to Gallery Director Aimee Buyea firstname.lastname@example.org by Ocotober 1, 2021.
For reference the current sculpture “Joshua Tree Wings” by Scott Doten is 9 ft high, 8 ft 4 in wide and 4 ft deep.